Thursday, October 4, 2012

SEEING RED

All images via my Pinterest

Of all the things I love most about fall, and trust me, the list is long--from apple cider and pumpkin pie to flannels and scarves--I think the freshness in the air is what I love most. It feels like a new start, and what better way to re-invent myself than with color! This fall marks the very first fall in 18 years that I am not in school, and more importantly, the first fall in 4 years that I am not in college. Graduating college is made to be such a happy event, I am now realizing, to lessen the blow. I LOVED my college experience, and graduated with my best friends who are now dispersed among the world (yes, world!). Some still living together, some starting new exciting jobs, and others (me) trying to live each day like its my birthday to avoid the depression that is deep in my heart. It is hard to navigate a city when you grew up in the suburbs, make new friends and meet new people. Add to that a lack of career at the moment and there you have my current state of self-medicating with wine. I love my family and my parents, and living at home definitely has its perks, but I miss the old me. The me that knew who I was and where I was going and had my best friends dancing around me with beers in our hands. So, in an effort to dress for the life I want (build it and it will come type thing) I am taking inspiration from the color and the oomph of fall. So, I'm seeing red. The different red shades of leaves are amazing, and red is powerful, confident, energetic, warm, loving, and slightly exotic. My top red picks: lips, nails, wellies, doors, scarves, jeans, skirt, apples, starbucks holiday cups, umbrellas, J.Crew tissues tees, and poppies.

WHOO HOO, TOMORROW'S FRIDAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex, loooove red this season, too! I used to abandon everything red from my closed -- and now I love it. The only thing I have right now are red self knitted socks from my grandma and red nail polish, but red hunters, a red handbag and a red scarf are on the to-be-bought-SOON-list ;-)

    I am currently job hunting and living with my parents as well, so I know how you feel, trust me. But there will be a time soon that life takes off to the exciting road again, and for now I can only recommend to use this period as a small holiday!

    Regards from across the pond (Germany)
    Svenja

    ReplyDelete