Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Little Black Book

You know how InStyle, Allure, Vogue, all beauty editors everywhere take an indulgent (for readers) spin on the traditional contents of a little black book once a year and reveal their holy grail beauty products? Well, I'm no beauty guru, but I am the makeup whisperer of my friends, and I do have some favorite products that work wonders for me. So, before I spill all my secrets, things you should know:
Hair: Red, Curly, Mane-like
Skin: Dry/Rosy/Sensitive/Freckly
Eyes: Brown
Budget: Varying 
For You, but Better....

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: I personally don't like to wear a lot of makeup, and to me foundation often looks and feels cakey, so this lightweight tinted moisturizer is the perfect solution: coverage without the cake.  
Sephora Pink Mascara: Its very liquidy which might sound weird, but it coats really well, and because of its texture, holds curl from an eyelash curler amazingly well.  
L'Oreal Lineur Intense: The best liquid liner that I have tried. The felt tip makes it easy to use, and it is extremely opaque. This is one of those things that if a drugstore version works, why pay more
Nutrogena Shimmer Sheers: I got this in my stocking, like, 5 years ago and absolutely LOVE it. I have never found a cream shadow quite as good--its the perfect color, consistency, lasts, and doesn't crease. 
Nars Duo: Bronzer in Laguna and Blush in Orgasm. 'cause its the best. 
Dior Mascara: Dior mascaras are my favorite everyday go to mascaras; especially diorshow. its brush is uniquely shaped and it coats and lengthens lashes
Mark. Super Mark It: jumbo eye pencil in gold and white shimmery shades, perfect for inner corners and lash-line illuminating 
Tarte Lock N'Roll: Golden (sense a trend?) cream and powder shadows to be used in tandem. the color is so pigmented and it is a dream to use. 
Stila Eyeliner: It is soft enough to smudge, but thick enough for pigment and effect. It doesn't fade or get all over your face-- I am obsessed with these eyeliners. 
Benefit High Beam: For highlighting my brow bone, i love this. 
Nars Multiple: In cococabana. I also use this for highlighting my cheek area, and love, love, love it. 
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I honestly only use this when I am going out or for special occasions, but it is extremely moisturizing, soft, and keeps my makeup put all night long. 

Tools and Tricks:
Dove Extra Damage Therapy Extra Hold Hairspray : This hairspray smells amazing, is super lightweight, holds your style, but your hair doesn't feel like you've even used hairspray. 
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: I got this as a gift for my 16th birthday, and just love that its gold. 
EOS Lip Balm: I pretty much collect lip balm, it falls out of every wallet/bag/purse/item of clothing I have ever owned and/or worn, and this is my favorite. Its so cute, smells heavenly, and leaves lips silky smooth. 
Kerastase Hair Elixir: smells AMAZING, leaves hair shiny and frizz-free, and holds style
Biore Nose Strip: These things are my guilty pleasure, and how cute is the limited-edition tin?! (even though I studied this stuff in college I'm still a sucker) They really work, and seeing all the dirt that comes out of my pores gives me so much satisfaction. True Life: I one time applied one of these in a Costco Parking Lot, and because your nose has to be wet before using it, I used a piece of ice from my drink, only to realize post-application that a man in his car had witnessed the whole thing. ughhh. 
Living Proof Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream: I am addicted to anything that claims to tame frizz, but this stuff really works, and it works BETTER when your hair is allowed to do its thanggg- no frizz PLUS no work? duh. 
Tweezerman Tweezers: I have a thing about my eyebrows. They are big and bushy and I love them. And I touch them 3489 a day, its a thing I have developed. I've tried to break it, but I'm obsessed with each hair being in place. Enter tweezerman. 
Sally Hershberger Wave Spray: Okay, this stuff smells like you bottled up the best vacation ever in one of those luxurious tiki huts in crystal clear bora-bora. seriously. its that good. and it helps get those sexy, tousled,  laying out after my swim waves
Colorescience Sunforgettable: Powder sunscreen that is translucent, scent-free, and easy to apply on the go...my irish skin thinks yes. 

When You are too lazy, drunk, hungover, tried, lazy Can't do the whole routine....
Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towlettes/ Makeup remover. The best makeup wipe ever. As if you needed another reason to go to Costco. 

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!
xoxo, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment