Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post Weekend Wishlist

I spent my weekend covered in mod-podge, J.Crew catalogue cutouts and glitter-not that I am complaining. If I had my way, that would be my go-to-wardrobe. I am collaging a mirror for my younger sister who moved back to NYC this weekend to begin her sophomore year at Fordham University, and want to get it done quickly so she has a little slice of me in her tiny little haven. I have, however, obviously found time to lust after a few things this week, and here is the top of the list...

1. Black Blazer I have the perfect J.Crew Navy Schoolboy blazer, but I have been wanting a black one for EVER, and this one from Zara is the perfect twist on the classic; it has a flattering, classic silhouette but the details on the shoulder give it an extra flair that makes it stand out and upgrades any outfit.

2. Rebecca Minkoff bag in Mint I have been wanting a Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac ever since it appeared on two of my favorite online websites, shopbop.com and piperlime.com; and the Mint color is at the top of my list. I have been able to find pictures of the color, but it has been sold-out or unavailable online...challenge accepted!

3. Swizzle Sticks Here, here, and here. Most of my friends have moved into their apartments or post-grad lives, one at med school, one in Micronesia, one traveling week to week, and the others in (somewhat) grown-up apartments. Give me an inch of decorative freedom and I'll take a mile...this time in the form of housewarming gifts. One of my favorite past-times of all time is giving gifts, and gifts for the home are especially exciting. I found these homemade swizzle sticks on Etsy, and find them so charming-they are a great gift or D-I-Y to have any hostess showered with compliments all night long.

4. Olive Parka Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. Free people cozy sweaters, boots, J.crew Camp socks, lots-o-layers and coats are undoubtedly my most treasured wardrobe staples. Living in Wisconsin, fall sometimes feel like winter, and winters sometime feels like Antarctica. Thus, coats must have a duel purpose: look cute, AND keep me warm. Enter this olive parka with a fur hood from Zara. IN. LOVE.

5. Moroccan Boots Recently, one of my good friends with impeccable taste and a closet I would love to raid returned from a semester abroad. Needless to say, I rushed to her house so she could point out each souvenir piece-by-piece. Leather motorcycle jacket and fur coat from Florence markets, post cards from Yves Saint Laurent's personal garden, and leather boots from Morocco had me swooning. The boots, imparticular. They are so unique, unlike the typical black-brown-tan riding boot of the season (which I also love, but are everywhere). I immediately began my internet search, turning to ebay and contemplating spending close to $300.00 to have boots shipped from Marrakech. And then my guy Steve Madden came through with these new boots that have the perfect Moroccan-influence with a worn-into-the-ground distress.

6. Stackable Rings I have been wanting stackable rings to layer on one finger, or spread amongst three, for a delicate statement, and these gold rings are just that.

7. Ombre Necklace  This is a true wish-list piece, as it carries a hefty price tag, but when I saw it on Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere, who might as well be my permanent wish-list inspiration, I was immediately drawn to the sparkle, color, and design. It is perfection...

Have a fabulous week!
xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment