Friday, August 17, 2012

Birchbox

Via
Gift giving is one of my absolute favorite past times- when you are supposed to list "hobbies" or "activities" on any kind of admissions form or the like, mine pretty much consist of collaging things to give as gifts, shopping for gifts, giving gifts, and collecting souvenirs...as gifts. I just love the feeling of picking something out that I know someone will love, or surprising someone with something fun to brighten their week! Needless to say, when I heard about Birchbox I was immediately hooked! I have gotten both my mom and sister, cousin, and some of my friends hooked too! What is better than a one-time gift-- a monthly surprise gift filled with deluxe-sized beauty samples and "lifestyle" extras! It arrives toward the beginning or middle of the month and is themed each month to allow samples to coincide- most recently, Birchbox has paired with Teen Vogue, Glamour magazine, and Gossip Girl, and have also had Natural Wonders, Jet Set and Beauty School as themes! It is only $10.00 a month, and is truly something to which I look forward everyday leading up to my box being delivered! What's great about this subscription service is that you can fill out a beauty profile, and you can provide feedback on the products in your box to help Birchbox identify the kinds of things their subscribers like best. For each item for which you provide feedback, 10 points are awarded to your account, and 100 points=$10. Its not hard to rack 'em up, I have had my box for 9 months, and am already at 500 points=$50. You can use your points to buy full-sized items of samples you loved! It is a simple way to make your day/week/month/year a little more exciting!!

Things I have received in my Birchbox that I have loved most:
-Essie Luxe Effects full-sized nail polish
-Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint
-Kerastase Elixir Ultime
-Twist Band Hairtie
-Befine Exfoliator
-Dior Mascara
-Shu Uemura Oil Treatment
-Tili Bags
-Comodynes Self-Tanner Towelette

Along with tons of other products that are perfect for traveling, throwing in your clutch for a night out, or testing out at home!
Find a way to treat yourself this month!
xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment