Monday, August 6, 2012

Post Weekend Wishlist


‘ello govena’! I have been practicing my British accent lately as I have been absolutely OBSESSED with the Olympics, and everything sounds better with a little English cheer! I mean, I have taken my fixation so far as to actually take to the treadmill while watching them in the hopes of making some team in the 2016 games, and for those of you who do not know me, I consider running down to my basement to grab a cold Miller Lite exercise so this is a big commitment…hey, a girl can dream! As you might be able to imagine, my weekend was filled with lots of games and of course, a little online shopping and catching up on fashion magazines in the beautiful weather. I have found a few gems for which I am currently pining…

1. Baggu! As per my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, I am really trying to be better about bringing my own shopping bag and doing my part to stay green without growing dreads, wearing all burlap, and chaining myself to a tree. Luckily for me, Baggu makes it not only easy, but fun! They have a huge variety of colors and patterns to choose from, and I cannot wait to start my collection.

2. Fresh Body Milk. You know that feeling you get when you just get out of the shower and your legs are freshly shaven and your lotion makes them soft-as-butta?! Well, my friends, that feeling lasts all of 5 minutes for me because of my blessing of Irish skin. Not only is my skin practically translucent, but it is also extremely sensitive which means razor burn or a rash from lotion are annoyingly predictable. Enter Fresh Body Milk…the first lotion to give my legs and the rest of my rockin’ bod that silky smooth feeling for good! And don’t let the milk analogy scare you-this smells heavenly.

3. Essie Ole Caliente! This red-orange beauty is THAT color for which I have always been looking…its not the typical Big Apple Red, nor is it a coral color that requires a tan. Nope, this is the perfect all year round color that elicits ohhs and ahhs from onlookers!

4. Anthropologie’s patched Heather hoodie. I cheated on this one, as I work at Anthropologie and am currently wearing this sweater-BUT it was once on my wishlist I swear! This sweater is literally like wrapping myself in my softest blanket. It is flattering, comfortable, and as my mom exclaimed: the perfect summer sweater. Like it was made for bonfires and after-boating barbeques. HUGE plus: the back is just long enough that you can get away with wearing leggings!! OHH YEAHH

5. …Kate Spade pouch that I can’t afford, right? WRONGGGG this babe comes in at a whooping $4.80! That’s right, you can have your clutch and afford it too!! I’m usually quite the skeptic when in comes to Forever 21, and have been known to drag my heels at the entrance, wary of the mess in which I am about to find myself. However, every once in a while a great piece comes along, and this is one of ‘em! I love the metallic polka dots, and the size seems just right for a makeup bag or pouch for your carry on.

6. Flamingo Matches! I am a firm believer in functionality and flare-just because something serves a purpose or utility does not mean it cannot contribute to décor. These flamingo matches are a perfect case-in-point: a matchpoint, if you will (I HAD to), they remind me of Miami circa 1960, very retro-chic, yet functional! They are sure to light up any room (okay, I’m done)!

7. Anthropologie petrified wood serving tray: Recently, I ventured into a new part of my dear old city and discovered what can only be described as the city’s best kept secret. Plenty of restaurants claim the title, but this place actually lives up to the hype. Its menu changes daily because of their commitment to fresh ingredients, and most come locally! One of the vest parts about it was the presentation, a charcuterie plate as well as a cheese board met my widening eyes as I literally salivated in anticipation (too much?!) I love the idea of these plates as appetizers, and am even more fond of the presentation-take this petrified wooden board from Anthropologie! Any cheese, meat, or appetizer will look decadent on this board- and it makes a fabulous housewarming or hostess gift!

Those are my lusts for the week, check back next Monday as I’m sure this weekend will have me pinning, instagraming, and post-it note sticking to a slew of new trinkets!

Have a fabulous Monday!

xoxo,
Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment