Monday, September 3, 2012

Post Labor Day Weekend Wishlist

The last week of summer was a crazy one! I have been so busy, which is why I relaxed all Labor Day weekend with a Hills marathon and a leather recliner in my family room. Lauren Conrad is one of my style icons, she always looks put together, comfortable, and chic--so the marathon gave me some inspiration of things to add to my post-weekend wish list.

1. Striped long-sleeve shirt. My obsession with stripes knows no boundaries, and thus I am shocked I do not own a simple striped long sleeve tee. I have several variations of the style, but as fall is approaching, it is a staple that can be tucked into a pencil skirt, boyfriend jeans, leather shorts, skinny jeans, a flowy skirt...the possibilities are endless.

2. Bright Pencil Skirt. On a recent job interview, I wore a black pencil skirt with a blouse tucked in with black pumps and felt fabulous. I want to add as many of these to my wardrobe as possible. With a loose top and heels it is a flattering silhouette that will always impress.

3. J.crew pave chain bracelet. I have been lusting after this bauble for months now and I think it is time I give-in. It can dress up any outfit and who doesn't want to add a little chain-link sparkle to their life?

4. Pencil Skirts. As previously mentioned (read: #2) I am eager to add more pencil skirts to my wardrobe as they are versatile, it is the perfect day-to-night piece. You can wear them to work, look professional but still have a sense of style with the kind of pencil skirt you choose, and it transitions for after work drinks or a date by changing your shoes and adding jewelry! I am loving this leather one, as well as the color blocked stripes, from Piperlime. Look there, J.Crew, and Anthropologie for some great options.

5. DV by Dolce Vita Java Ankle Boots. I need a pair of booties for fall and these by Dolce Vita are just right. The perfect height, color and detail to give a cool-vibe to fall staples like flannel shirts, denim, vests, and chunky scarves.

6. J.Crew striped hoodie. Another item I own in bulk but just can't say no to--comfy hoodies. Perfect for fall, and I can't resist the stripes. How cute would this look with some boyfriend jeans, the DV booties from #5, and a olive-green vest?!

7. J.Crew jacket. I am obsessed with jackets. Especially in cooler weather when they are the first thing one notices about your outfit, a great jacket can go a long way. This navy-cargo jacket from J.Crew is perfect to wear casually, but can also be dressed up if belted and worn with heels.

8. Unfortunately for me, I cannot go pick up this wishlist item from my nearest shopping mall...but how amazing would it be to come home to this H&M model in his comfy fall flannel and puffy vest...a girl can dream!

9. Large gold hoops. Another classic that adds that extra something to an otherwise plain outfit. My mom has been holding my silver hoops hostage, so I need to invest in a new pair and this time around Im thinking gold.

10. I am on week 4 of couch to 5K and really trying to eat healthier and commit to working out daily, but the thing that tops my wishlist-- being able to eat a gouda burger and fries guilt free. That is my fairy tale.

Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day!
xx,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment