Monday, September 24, 2012

Post Weekend Wishlist


Holy Cow. Do people who aren't from the midwest say that too? Well, anyway, WOAH. These past few weeks have been nuts. Job interviews, work, cleaning my room, and remembering to breathe have taken away from my beloved blog this past week. I literally have only found reprieve in my trips to target to kill time in-between obligations. Target is literally my mecca though. Target, to me, is like sequins...I've never met one I don't like. I could go to that store everyday and STILL find things I want  need! Anyways, the little treasures above are the only things I wish for that target doesn't carry...

1. Fur vest. I have been scouring the internet for one of these bad boys for fall, but can't seem to find one that is both affordable and nice quality. I don't like the look of many of the faux faux fur ( read: forever 21 quality..), but can't afford the real stuff. This option from Joie, at its sale price, might be just that....

2. I Dream of Paris print. The ABC's of French/Parisian lifestyle. This glossy 8x10 would look chic in a bathroom, closet, or bedroom and reminds me to take a second to remember all the beautiful details in life.

3. Michael Kors Runway Gold watch. I have the tortoiseshell version, and absolutely love it. I have been wanting a chunky gold version to stack with my bangles and want to buy it myself while throwing my hands up and singing "all my women who independent, throw ya hands up at me..." I don't need a boyfriend to have a boyfriend watch.

4. Perfect White T. Lauren Conrad devoted an entire chapter to the wardrobe staple in her book Style, The Olsen Twins developed an entire website on the basic, and Hanes has created an empire making the essential, and I understand why. There is nothing quite like the perfect blend of a broken-in, slightly frayed, and buttery soft t-shirt to pair with jeans, a pencil skirt, trousers, leggings and a dolman cape... really anything one owns besides this fundamental. Monroe makes one that I have wanted for a long time, and I think its about time I indulge.

5. Perfect Ballet Flat. Until you work on your feet all day on uneven floors, you never really appreciate how much work your shoes actually do besides just elongating your calves and complementing your outfit. The perfect ballet flats, especially in a neutral color, are much like the white T of shoes. These J.Crew slip-ons are chic, and most importantly, comfy!

6. Dainty stacking ring. I love the uniqueness of this ring, the surprise sparkle, and its versatility. Wear it alone for a dainty look, or stack it for statement.

I saved the best for last...I had my day off on Saturday and drove down to Chicago to meet Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere! I will do a post tomorrow on meeting her, the and the event itself, as well as some DIY projects I have been working on (for weeks now...), and my absolute favorite looks from NYFW and some wearable options I've found!

Also, I hope to dive back into network television now that I do not have a college social life to  get in the way, so hopefully we can discuss accordingly.
xx,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment