Friday, September 7, 2012

ETSY-ITING!



Home grown (made) charm is something we treasure where I come from in the midwest. Aaron Rodgers in his jersey Monday nights, Cincinnati drawl from boys at the bar, well-wishes from locals at a corn-on-the-cob stand, Miller Lite, and mom's cooking. There is something different, rather, special, about knowing that something was made with love and care with you in mind. Combine these two sentiments and TA-DA: Etsy! And I have some very Etsy-iting favorites to share. Here are my favorite Etsy shops whose designers and items alike brighten up my life and make me feel more connected to the united streets of the US of A!

First thing is first, a la Cupcakes and Cashmere, this shop has colorful tassel garland to make any party, event room, office, or closet feel like a summer party just for you!

1. MarketaNewYorkShop  These colorful clutches come in the most vibrant shades and designs, and suede is perfect for fall!
2.SpikethePunch  These Rainy necklaces are a great piece to add to your collection, they can stand out alone, or be layered for a more dramatic effect. There are so many color combinations, I love them all, but neons are still my favorite.
3. Kari Herer I mean....how amazing is this?! I absolutely love mixing masculine and feminine designs, and I can't think of anything more perfect than faux-antlers with a rose head- matted on a frame, this can either be a centerpiece or blend into a wall of photos and art, but still stand out.
4. Cornerblogstore Colorful, sophisticated pinatas! My philosophy about these are pretty simple- why they stopped being at parties at age 5 is beyond me. You get to smack something and it rewards you-- plus they are so fun and festive!
5.colbyjune This twig bracelet, and all of her jewels are so delicate and beautiful. Perfect for stacking or solo!
6. MySaucyMustache Beer bottle mustaches- okay, I am obsessed with mustaches, only, not real ones. I am obsessed with the ones on cups, rings, baby onesies, and ESPECIALLY these sparklers that attach to beer bottles. I had a 'stache bash for my 22nd birthday, and these adorned the bottle of every one of my friends' beers! Host your own and include these!
7. MadebyCassandraSmith More antlers! I can't get enough of these chevron-painted antlers, and only wish I had a white mantle on which to hang one! Plus the girl who makes these beauties is from Milwaukee, HUGE bonus!
8. SparrowNestScript The script on this stationary is something I only dream of being able to do one day; each card is cuter than the next with messages for every occasion and cute illustrations to match! Anyone to receive one will spend an extra 10 seconds admiring the card, and wondering where the sender found such an adorable card!

Next time you need to liven up your decor, need a homemade gift, or are looking for a one-of-a-kind bauble, check out Etsy!
xox,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment