Monday, September 9, 2013

The Jay-Z/Beyoncé Theory of Success

Recently, my friend texted me a quote she found in a magazine that she said reminded her of me. It is one of the most flattering compliments I have ever received, and has become somewhat of a new life moto. 

Its the Jay-Z/Beyoncé theory of success. If you take an insecure approach to friendship, youre always comparing yourself to the smartest and most stylish girl in the room, and either feeling inferior or judging. You should just befriend her. Surrounding yourself with the best people doesn't make you look worse. It makes you look better.  


It is so easy to get caught up in stress, appearances, worries, and what-ifs, but if your ultimate goal is just to be the girl that everyone wants around because she is just fun, it takes the work out of the equation. You are too busy having fun to worry or compare yourself, and it won't matter anymore anyways. So, my goal for the rest of the year is not to do everything perfectly, or on time, but to make every single thing I do, fun

No comments:

Post a Comment